Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Keys Residents

As a resident of Key Largo for 32 years I have to admit that living down here for so long is like almost owning my own weather.You might be asking yourself, owning your own weather? Yeah that's right. Let me give you an example let's say it's summer time here in the Keys and it's June and I wanna go snorkeling next month and let's say my ideal water temperature for snorkeling
is 85 degrees fahrenheit, from living down here so long and from personal experience I know that the water temperature will be 85 degrees plus or minus a degree if not warmer next month. You can see what I mean it's so predictable it's like your able to control or own how much radiation from the sun the ocean will absorb and the amount of cloud cover there will be over the ocean next month. The prevailing weather conditions in the Keys during the middle of summer from July thru September is east to south easterly breezes of 10 to 15 knots occasionally 15 to 20 knots, morning showers, latenight thunderstorms, high temperature in the upper 80's to lower 90's and overnight lows in the upper 70's to lower 80's That's a pretty stagnant weather pattern sometimes we call it down here the "summer doldrums". That's part of life down in the "Tropics".




No comments:

Post a Comment